- Essential oils can be enjoyed in many ways. Each oil has different properties and it is important to check the recommended application (i.e. aromatic; topical; food additive) for each oil.
- 1 – 2 drops, can be added to a diffuser. Diffusion is one of the simplest methods for enjoying essential oils. Diffusers that use cold air or water are ideal.
- Check that the oil is suitable for topical use. Start with the lowest possible dose (1 – 2 drops.) Because every person is unique, the dose will very for each individual based on size age and individual characteristics.
- Some oils are recommended to be diluted to reduce the likelihood of developing skin sensitivity, especially on sensitive skin. It Is advisable to use a carrier oil (such as Fractionated Coconut oil) to dilute more potent oils and when trying an oil for the first time.
- The recommended dilution ratio is typically one drop of essential oil to three drops of carrier oil.
- a few oils are suitable to be added to food and drink. in small quantities (i.e. 1 – 2 drops) depending on taste preferences.
- Remember oils are highly concentrated and a small amount goes a long way. Oils suitable as a food additive include Lemon; Peppermint; Basil; Oregano; Frankincense; Lavender and Coriander. ONLY Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® (CPTG) oils are suitable to use as a food additive.
- Please seek your health care professional’s advice to meet your specific needs and for any concerns regarding safe essential oil usage for you and your family.
- Avoid contact with eye and the inside of nose and ears.
- When applying topically, dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil for sensitive skin. dōTERRA Touch oils are diluted for your convenience.
- Citrus oils including: Lemon; Wild Orange; Bergamot; Lime; Tangerine; Grapefruit increase the sensitivity to UV light. Avoid sunlight exposure for 12 hours after applying these oils topically.
- Follow the correct usage guidelines for each oil.
Please refer to the Product Information Page for each oil
- Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight and heat to maintain optimal quality.
- Use small amount and dilute in a carrier oil if appropriate.
- To avoid any misuse, please store safely and out of reach of children.
- If you suspect your child has consumed essential oils, please contact the Poisons Information Centre on 0800 POISON (0800 764 766) https://www.poisons.co.nz (New Zealand) or 13 11 26 (Australia)
Products and/or information on this website are not intended to diagnose; prevent or cure any disease or ailment.
All opinions are based on my own beliefs and/or independent research and trials.
You are advised to make decisions in partnership with your health care provider.
If you are pregnant; nursing; have any medical conditions or are taking any medication, please consult your physician before using any of these products.
With any Essential Oil Use: Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.